Monday 24 September 2012

Little Mix Halloween Make-up X Factor

Tonight I tried out a makeup look unlike anything I have really attepted before. It's a makeup that makes it look as though you have a doll's face stapled onto your own, which was worn by a girl group on last year's Halloween X Factor .
My little niece Cheyenne Modeled for me 






"Little Mix" girl group in the Halloween X Factor 2011



So this time rather than just taking a photo of the end result, I've taken step by step photos to show how I created this look. 





Step 1

I drew the outline of the "mask" on the face lightly with a Snazaroo black face paint,
eyeliner pencil will do if you don't have face paint. 




Step 2


Step 2: Using a white foundation or face paint, colour the "mask" area



Step3


Step 3: Using a black eyeliner pencil, go over the mask outline that you made earlier. Also draw in the "staples". They're simply rectangles that start just in the mask area and finish in the regular skin area. Also you can draw in some small curved lines where the "staples" are attached to the "mask" to indicate the "material" stretching and pulling. 
For adults- Take your regular foundation and apply it to all the areas that you haven't painted white.Then take the black face paint or a dark grey eye-shadow and apply it around the mask area. Blend it a little to replicate a shadow. 



Step 4



Step 4 :Using a bright pink blusher, apply it to the apples of your cheeks and blend it back a little. Don't worry about being subtle with it, because bright blusher looks much more doll-like. At this point I also darkened the eyebrows with an eyebrow pencil because there was white foundation on them.





Step 5


Step 5:  Apply black eyeliner around the eyes I used black face paint for a child as its easier to wash off. Take a white eyeliner and apply it to the inner rims of the eyes. Out line the lip with the eyeliner or black paint.
If you have them, now would be the time to apply false eyelashes on your top and bottom lashes. This would really enhance the look, but if you don't have any then you'll just have to layer up your mascara.


Step 6

Step 6: . I then filled it in the lips with red lipstick, outlined the coloured area fairly thickly with a black eyeliner pencil and finally blended it into the red lipstick slightly, leaving some of the outline still bold. 

Step 7


                                                                     Dress up and have FUN



4 comments:

  1. This is a cool look :) I was researching how to do this look and yours was the first link I came across! I'm doing this doll-like Little Mix look on Sunday for my Halloween night out :) This has helped me out in how to do the look because I didn't practise in advance (oops ;)).

    I will be posting a look on my blog after the night if you want to have a look at my creation :)

    My blog is http://lushblush21.blogspot.ie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the lovely comment :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. She looks awesome! Perfectly fit on her costume! Great work, my dear. I will surely look forward for this year's halloween makeup. You may want to check out my post featuring different Halloween makeup ideas for more options. Cheers and more power!

    ReplyDelete